University Documentation

You will be issued a студенческий билет (student ID) from your host university. The student ID is necessary in order to receive student-rate tickets at museums, coffee shops, theaters, etc. We recommend that student IDs should be on you at all times. Ask when and in what circumstances it will be required, as this will vary among institutions.

For your university documents, you will need several photos for student IDs, library cards, etc.  These photos must be of a Russia-specific size and standard; therefore students should be prepared to purchase these during on-site orientation. The cost will be anywhere between 250-300rr.