The telephone at the Middlebury office in Brazil is for staff use only, except in cases of emergency.
Students should be aware of the following:
- We recommend students take an unlocked smartphone with them to Brazil (or buy one there), but not the latest/most expensive model, which tend to be targets for thieves.
- Students regularly use their phones for WhatsApp (the most popular choice for calling among Brazilians), Uber, Global Rescue, maps, GPS. Please set up a WhatsApp account prior to departure and let us know your number before you leave the US.
- Minutes are used on both incoming and outgoing calls.
- Cell phones may be used to call the U.S.
- Once in Brazil, you should buy a SIM card with a local number and data plan.